Jump to navigation Jump to search
- eyoMqungu-jan, named after lemon grass or long grass which is used to thatch roofs. Because it is in this month that it starts showing.
- eyoMdumba-feb, this is the month in which the Acacia Karoo tree's seed pods swell.
- eyoKwindla-mar, in this month, fresh vegetables from fiels and gardens are sowed and consumed.
- uTshazimpuzi-apr, this is the month of the pumpkins and the first signs of an approaching winter as the leaves change colour and plants die out.
- uCanzibe-may, the month where a very bright star Canopus(Argo constellation)can be percieved also announcing the Southern Hemisphere winter.
- eyeSilimela-jun, Clusters of stars(pleiades) can be seen in this month, marking the new year in the amaXhosa Calendar, where boys are initiated into manhood at the required age ofcourse.
- eyeDwarha - Oct